Carnival Queens and Kings
The 2019 competition will be held on Friday 17th May at the Oakwood Centre, Headley Road, Woodley. There are 2 age categories. Junior school or secondary school age and entrants must either live in Woodley or go to school in Woodley at the time of the competition. The winners represent the Carnival at several events including leading the procession on carnival day.
- Entrants must be available and willing to attend all the events associated with Carnival including Carnival day on the 8th June.
- Entrants will conduct themselves in an appropriate manner and take and follow instruction from designated adults.
- Entrants must be prepared to be photographed officially. The organisers cannot guarantee photographs will not be posted on social media sites, e.g. Facebook.
- There will be one Junior Princess and one Junior Prince. There will be one Senior Queen and one Senior King. The organisers reserve the right to replace any category with another if there are not enough entrants to make it viable.
- The judge’s decision is final and discussion or correspondence will not be entered into.
- Parents/guardians are required to stay in the building during the competition and ensure reasonable supervision for their child at all events attended. The organisers will not take responsibility for the children other than for the period of the procession where they will be closely supervised and have a designated adult assigned to them.
- Children will be expected to have an informal chat and answer a few questions with the compere on the stage during the competition.
Entry details will appear here in the New Year.