Book your stall
Many local organisations have stallsnds on the carnival field, and with around 5000 members of the public attending , it's a great way to do some fundraising or promote what you do. Charity, craft and commercial pitches are available.
The nature of stalls is monitored to avoid duplication or too many similar stalls. The pitch sizes are approximately 3m x 6m and will be clearly defined. Unfortunately, there will be no way of increasing this allocation on the day.
If you would like to have a stall on Carnival Day please complete our online form and payment. If your application is unsuccessful, all payments will be returned in full. The committee's decision is final. Each pitch is 3m (frontage) x 6m (depth)
This year we have 3 classes of stalls, Charity, Craft, and Commercial.
Definition of "Charity Stalls": For the self-promotion of a local charity or group.
Definition of "Craft Stall": Is someone who creates or makes unique items/objects with a high degree of hand-made, physical and/or intellectual input using traditional or contemporary skills.
Definition of "Commercial Stall": There is sufficient "service to customer".
- Charity £30
- Craft £40
- Commercial £100
What you need to bring
The carnival team will mark out the pitches, and allocate one to you according to your requirements. They will also site waste bins strategically around the field and especially near to food outlets for public use, please take your rubbish home at the end of the day. You will need to provide everything else. Most stallholders bring a gazebo, tables (and chairs if they need them) plus whatever it is that they do or sell. If you have any special requirements then bring them to our attention when booking using the additional information box.
- You can arrive on site any time after 0800hrs and should be ready to trade at 1200hrs.
- All vehicles MUST be removed from the field by 1100hrs, we would ask that vehicles be removed if they do not form part of your display.
- The field will be closed to the public at 11am in preparation for the opening at noon.
- Exit time will be after 5pm, no vehicle movement is allowed on site until this time.
- Any vehicles left on the ground during trading times must be within the boundary of your site or removed from the ground.
- No alcohol can be given as prizes, incentives or sold.
- Any electrical or gas equipment is liable to be inspected by our qualified engineers and if not considered safe will be removed from the ground.
The Carnival site address is
The Memorial Ground, Headley Road, Woodley, Reading. RG5 4JZBook your pitch at this year's Carnival