Helping you to take part
We understand the amount of time and effort it takes to assemble a float and we will do our best to help you whenever we can. If you’re a local organisation or business who could do with a boost to your profile enter a float in the carnival and you'll be seen by crowds of people who throng the streets of Woodley on Carnival Day. You may even win a prize! Walking entries, floats and marching bands make a colourful, noisy and vibrant display.
We must advise that due to Health and Safety requirements we ask that you ensure all scenery on the floats is securely fixed. We advise that refreshments are available for your group and that children are accompanied at all times.
- All Vehicles must be roadworthy, taxed and insured to participate.
- We ask that you provide 2 Stewards in Hi-viz to walk either side of your float.
- Any person being under the influence of alcohol will be asked to leave the Procession.
- All floats must turn off their music once stopped in Haddon Drive.
- All entries in the procession must be ready to move at 12 noon. No entry will move until directed by the marshals.
- All vehicles are advised to carry a Dry Powder extinguisher and Water Extinguisher. Float organisers will be requested to check their floats prior to the event commencing
- Check for stability, road worthiness and safety of occupants, including length restrictions.
- Generators and amplifiers should be anchored to the floor and securely fixed.
- Floats organisers could be requested to provide the following information (a) Name of Driver (b) Address of Driver (c) Driver Insurance Details.
- Float organisers are advised to take out their own Public Liability Insurance and to check that the Motor Vehicle Insurance covers participation in the event.
- The Committee reserves the right to refuse entries, which, in their opinion may give offence.
- All Judges and Committee decisions will be final.
THROWING OR SQUIRTING OF WATER OR OTHER LIQUID IS FORBIDDEN. YOU MUST CONSIDER THE SAFETY OF THOSE AROUND YOU AT ALL TIMES. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE PROCESSION IF WATER OR MISSILES ARE USED.
As a committee, the Woodley Carnival Committee accept no responsibiliry for dress code copyright or musical copyright. It is the responsibility of the entry to ensure they hold a licence for the performing rights society if they need it.
Entrants wishing to collect money en-route may do so and may keep any money collected as long as they are a registered charity or inform the committee of the charity they are collecting for in advance of the day.
Any photopraphs images we have taken can be used for publicity, i.e Our website etc.